18 Hour DT
The CANY Intensive: 18-hour Drama Therapy Training
A 3 Day Training in the CANY Model of Drama Therapy
July 14-16, 2017
- Friday, 7/14 (5:30 - 9:30pm)
- Saturday, 7/15 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- Sunday, 7/16 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
Join us for an intensive experiential study of CANY’s model of drama therapy. During this three-day training you will learn to conduct drama therapy interventions aimed at improving client/student relatedness, self-esteem, emotional expression and self-regulation, spontaneity and the capacity to play a diverse range of life roles.
Learn to structure a complete therapeutic drama session from warm-up to closure:
• Develop the ability to manage complex group dynamics through therapeutic play
• Gain practical skills in using metaphor to safely explore trauma
• Discover the application of creative self-expression within a variety of clinical & educational settings
• Leave with a comprehensive training manual reviewing the CANY model of drama therapy
Each day you will be engaged in the following three components:
● EXPERIENTIAL participation
You will engage with the CANY model in practical terms, learning through experiential activities and exercises facilitated by CANY staff, and later by you and your co-participants.
● THEORETICAL learning
You will explore the theoretical rationale that lies behind the CANY model, individual exercises and techniques, learning through trainer-led presentation and group discussion.
● SUPERVISORY action
You will explore your own experience of facilitating exercises and techniques with clients as the training process unfolds.
Led by Heidi Landis, LCAT, RDT-BCT, TEP, CGP
$425 all professionals / $395 full-time students, AEA/AFTRA/SAG members (with valid ID)
*A LIMITED NUMBER OF SPACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING.
Creative Alternatives of New York, Inc. (CANY) is recognized by BOTH the
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0428,
AND by the
New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists #CAT-0009.